Class 6: Ms Griffin
Don't forget to regularly check the class Teams page for messages, photographs, homework and help for learning in Year 6.
During this Half Term our inquiry is Cynefin (Wales and the wider world) - Welsh coal's biggest tragedy: did children lose their childhood?
We will be learning about how the coal industry affected communities and landscapes around Wales and the world. If you have any information to contribute from family / friends, I would love to hear from you! Here is a planned overview of activities for this inquiry.
Overview of activities for Autumn Term 1 2022
First Day Year 6
Welcome to Class 6!
There are high expectations of all pupils in Year 6 and you are expected to set a good example to others at all times.
Here are some reminders:
- We will be having indoor P.E. every Tuesday afternoon and outdoor P.E. every Wednesday afternoon , so don’t forget to wear trainers and joggers to school along with your school top and jumper.
- You are all welcome to bring a book from home to read in school during our daily reading sessions. It is important that you are able to sit and concentrate on reading for longer periods of time, so please do continue to read at home every evening and during weekends. Reading and understanding a variety of genres is an essential skill required to access the full curriculum successfully when you move on to Year 7.
- Don't forget - only one pencil case for school.
- All homework tasks will be set on Teams, so don't forget to check there every week.
- I will be having P.P.A. time every other Wednesday and Mrs Wellington will be teaching you on these days.
Additional information will be added regarding the inquiry and content of the areas of learning for this Half Term, during the next two weeks.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.